StorageCraft Technology is seeking to add a salesperson to its team in the Southern California area, preferably based out of Orange County. Ideally, the successful candidate will be in place prior to the start of March 2017. Our hiring process is thorough, but moves quickly for the right candidate.
About The Best Candidate
They are an accomplished salesperson with the ability to work from a home office located within their assigned territory and travel to visit customers and prospects 70 to 80 percent of the month. They have an ability to prospect consistently in person, on the phone and at company trade events. Knowledge of the backup and disaster recovery and storage industry is preferred, but not required if they have a history of sales success in a complex selling environment within the I.T. industry. They must have the ability to learn quickly, and retain technical knowledge. They are adept at selling solutions that exceed $20,000 to upwards of $1M. They are well spoken, can command a room's attention, and have high energy levels. People consider them a leader and they consider a sales territory as their personal business, run with a sense of urgency and detail. They are accustomed to tracking their sales behavior and metrics as a source of effectiveness and improvement. While already operating at a high level, they understand and accept training and coaching as a source of constant growth.
They must have a verifiable history of earning in excess of $150,000 and a need to quickly surpass $200,000. Salespeople who fail to earn at a high level are not kept at StorageCraft, as our reputation, line of equipment, and sales leads provide ample opportunity for selling.
Please include in your application a cover letter with the answer to these questions: What do you consider the key to sales success? What is one of your greatest selling successes to date? Applications without this information in the cover letter will not be considered. If you feel like this job is perfect for you, but you don't fit one of the criteria, sell us on why you should be hired anyway.
- Demonstrate consistent achievement of sales quota.
- Manage and report on pipeline with multiple accounts, partners and opportunities and accurately forecast revenue.
- Demonstrate success in prospecting, recruiting and enabling channel partners, helping them to identify and advance opportunities within their current pipeline as well as new opportunities, helping to move opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Play an active role in closing end-user business by working closely with StorageCraft Sales Engineers and partners, and in managing a sales pipeline.
- Effectively train on and present StorageCraft solutions via webinar and in person, at trade shows, partner and end-user facing events.
- Work closely with Marketing to identify and drive partner programs and events.
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of the industry including competitive issues and products.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge in disaster recover, restore, and back-up solutions.
- Prepare written communications, reports, and price quotations.
- Record all partner interactions and activities in CRM.
- Graduate or undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required.
- 4+ years sales experience in the software market. Backup, disaster recovery, storage, or security software market experience preferred.
- Excellent technical aptitudes in virtualization, server knowledge, network administration.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of the territory with existing VAR and MSP relationships strongly preferred.
- Ability to apply entrepreneurial strengths in a driven, forward-thinking way.
- Proven work-ethic and time-management skills.
- Extensive travel may be required.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!