Role and Responsibilities
The Cloud Operations Engineer will be responsible for running, maintaining and operating our cloud hardware and services; using the software deployed by our development team. In this role, you will work on a range of in-house projects. This job provides a degree of freedom that you will not find in larger companies. If you are looking for a job that makes use of your critical thinking and creativity, then this is it.
You will work within a small, friendly software engineering team and work on a number of critical products and projects. Ideally you are detail-oriented, self-motivated, a problem solver and work well in a fast moving, dynamic work environment.
- Proven experience with processes related to Linux in a cloud environment
- Understanding of programming with Python, Bash, Perl or other languages
- Good working knowledge with writing scripts in any language
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in documenting and teaching operational cloud processes
- Ability to work on critical and abstract tasks with minimal supervision
- Comfortable using and learning new technologies and products.
Knowledge of any of the following is an advantage:
- Networking experience
- System Administration
- Rabbit MQ experience or equivalent distributed message queue
- Amazon Web Services
- B.S. Degree: Information Systems or related field and/or 5+ years' experience as a Systems Administrator.
Hours of work will primarily be during normal business hours. You will be asked to be a member of an on-call 24/7 rotation with other Cloud Ops team members.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!